4.18.2008

home sweet organized home

A new hobby of mine is organizing our home. I feel so much more peaceful when things are in place....probably a result of my Type A personality...and ocd of course...but it's nice to have things clean. On a recent trip, i purchased some much needed organizational tools from Ikea in Atlanta. One in particular, a magnetic board, comes in super handy and keeps my fridge clear of clutter. The birds above were a thoughtful birthday gift from my lovely husband, and they match my kitchen perfectly! Gotta love Pottery Barn Kids! The magnetic board is home to our calendar with monthly happenings, as well as coupons we collect and art from one of my kindergarten students. We placed it right next to the garage door, where it is visible each time we exit and enter. It keeps us on track and reminds us of important dates.



A few weeks ago, I also painted our master bathroom- with the help of my incredible neighbor! I owe you girl! I guess the motivation came from being tired of seeing all the tan walls in our house. It was nice and neutral for a while, but it's nice to have some color. I know I tend to lean toward the bolder colors, but it's only paint! Plus, I am usually a bright sunny person...so I guess it just fits. As always, teal is a favorite of mine so I chose this from the spring Pottery Barn collection. It's Benjamin Moore Blue Lake. I just love how serene it is! I chose to accent it with brown rugs and white towels with brown accents- courtesy of Kohl's early bird specials!

This morning I got a call from my dad about the 5.2 earthquake in Illinois early this morning. Though we didn't feel it because we were sleeping, it was about 150 miles from us, so I'm sure it could've been registered by seismograph. We had a lovely weekend with C's parents last weekend and we're always looking forward to having more visitors! Next on the list...find patio furniture, and a glider, as well as an eliptical machine. Dad? Any idea when you can get some of these things out here? (hehe)

3 comments:

  1. Love the organizational board. I love everything having a place. I organized our linen closet this weekend and it felt great! Your bathroom is adorable. Man it looks familiar. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your bathroom is spectacular!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you had seen our house before your move! It is teal/seafoam green/mocha brown/sky blue/and a tealy-blue....LOVVVVVVE ocean colors!

    ps- love ikea, toO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally agree on feeling more peaceful when your house is organized and clean! everything else just kind of falls in to place and feels organized and in control... don't you just love that little bit of ocd in all of us? LOVE the bathroom... i don't remember what it looked like tan, but i LOVE that new color- that's what our bedroom was supposed to look like, but it's more sky blue. boohoo..

    ReplyDelete