4.08.2009

overdue update...and a little surprise

Yes, to my three dedicated readers (you know who you are) I apologize for the hiatus. It's been 2 months since I last posted anything, and it's time to get back into it. There's good reason for my absence and as most of you know now, this is the reason....



It's a little Lawson! This ultrasound picture was taken at 9 1/2 weeks. A lot of the reason I hadn't been writing is because the only thing I would have been writing about was how absolutely miserable I felt. I'm 14 weeks now, and it seems as if the worst is behind me. I definitely did NOT expect two full months of not being able to keep ice chips down! After trial and error, and loads of medication, I'm finally on the mend (and on a healthy dose of Zofran). Unfortunately, I lost close to 15 pounds over the course of the first trimester, and was still down 10 this morning at my appointment, so I'm really needing to put on some weight! My midwife was a tiny bit concerned, but overall, things are much better. I'm trying to eat more, it's just hard when the nausea comes and goes in waves (mostly at night).....but hey, I'll take that over what it was ANY day! I had lots of well-intentioned advice while I was going through the SEVERE nausea and vomiting phase, but I definitely did NOT have typical "morning sickness". Thankfully, I don't have any posts to look back through about the nightmare that was the first trimester, because I hope to forget about it completely- most people say you forget ALL about it, and I sure hope they're right!

We heard the heartbeat for the first time this morning (we saw it on the ultrasound at 9 weeks, but the tech didn't turn the volume up...) So crazy to actually hear our baby for the first time! We ARE planning on finding out the gender, and will know on May 13th! Before I got pregnant, I thought I'd want it to be a surprise, but now I MUST know! The baby is due October 6th. I can't thank you (those of you who already knew) for the prayers. I've been praying every day, but to know that people around me are as well, really made a HUGE difference!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I hope you're able to eat better and keep food down. I was lucky with no morning sickness with my first pregnancy, but I'll cross my fingers that it stays that way with the next one! So my brother (Alex - who was friends with your bro Andy) just found out they are pregnant too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As one of your loyal followers (and good friend) I'm SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! I love the new look of the blog and I love the picture of little Lawson more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations again to you and Chris!!!!! I'm so happy you made a public announcement...hehe:) Baby Lawson looks so adorable, and I can't believe you're 14 weeks already. October 6th is my sis's birthday...perfect time of year. I can't wait to see belly pics...I can't wait to hear more updates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGOSH!! Congrats Beck--Last I knew you had been talking about trying to conceive, but I had no idea so soon! I am so happy for you and Chris-May God bless your little one and prepare you for motherhood!
    So excited for you guys!
    Sarah M

    ReplyDelete
  5. !!!!!!!

    i am so excited for you!! that could be a little leanna in there!

    i will so be praying for you! i feel terrible that pregnancy is so hard on your body. but you already know it's worth it. and every little advancement, the first time you realize those are baby kicks and not gas, and especially when they're born, you don't 'forget' how miserable you were, i think it's more of a you forget why it mattered so much, because more and more you see how worth it is. and i think all the terrible blah we go through just transforms into deeper and deeper and deeper love for them and then disappears. if that makes any sense. :)

    gah now i really miss you! and i barely know you. hah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby pictures! Aww! They're a little cutie already. I can tell!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you Beck. You are going to be such a wonderful mother. Miss you.

    Brittney

    ReplyDelete