One way to combat the feeling of nausea? Retail therapy, my friends! Well, not exactly....but we've chosen some pieces for the nursery, which is exciting and does, in some way, minimize feeling crummy. After lots of web searching, we've decided on a crib from Stanley Young America. (Mainly because Nebraska Furniture Mart can get it, but also because its made right here, in the US.) I was recently informed that drop-side rail cribs are hazardous, and should be avoided....
See the article here....
But we've decided to go with a four-way conversion crib. I LOVE the way it looks! 
We also decided on our stroller and car seat (after test-driving some strollers at Babies R Us last Saturday.) We decided to get the Combi Helio. It had mixed reviews, but I really like the way it folds (to basically nothing), weighs just 12 pounds, and is compatible with the Shuttle car seat. It also has a pretty tall handle (great for a tall mom-to-be like me!) The biggest complaint I saw was that the bag underneath was too small, but why on earth do I need a million and one things with me at all times? I'm planning on getting a diaper bag that can be hung over the handle anyway. So, here they are....

We're finally figuring things out...only 20 days until we find out the gender of our little lawson! Can't wait for that!
Love to you all!
4.22.2009
a little something to lift my spirits....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I love the orange carseat and stroller - I have orange ones too.
ReplyDeleteI love the crib and the stroller. I think you and Chris going and testing out the strollers was a great idea. Jesse and I did that too....isn't baby shopping fun?! I can't wait until your gender appointment. After you tell your family, call or text me. hehe :)
ReplyDeletewhy on earth you will need a million things with you all at once = a child's love for a toy one minute and loathe for it the next, lots and lots of bodily fluids, and several 'just in case's.
ReplyDeletethough shoulders are handy when baskets are small :)
Nice looking and comfortable stroller. I would like to browse babies-r-us for more strollers.
ReplyDelete