I need a little input. I have been planning on doing this project for 3 years now, and it's finally happened! I have refinished a hope chest (READ: old toy trunk) that my parents wanted to toss out. It had some serious problems, and I had to reinforce a few areas by pulling out some old rusty nails, but I decided to upholster the top and paint the bottom. I'm happy with the results, but they didn't exactly work out as planned. I need help deciding if I should try to achieve a crisp white on the bottom, or stick with the "shabby" finish that the paint decided to do on its own. Chris really likes it the way it is, and I think it looks cute, I just can't decide! Anyhow, I still need to replace the hardware, etc...but here are the before and afters. Feedback please!
7.15.2008
revamped, renewed, reused, repurposed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


LOVE IT the way it is!! I'm so impressed with your re-finishing skills. I need your help with my changing table!! It's just a dresser right now.
ReplyDeleteI say: leave it!
I say leave it, too! I love the old "cracked" look...I have often wanted to redo/distress an old china hutch, but with moving, this is not doable as I wouldn't be able to take it with me--better luck when we're on the coast!
ReplyDeleteWay to go with finishing long-term goals--isnt that a great feeling??!!
I say leave it, as well!! It's absolutely adorable!!
ReplyDelete