Our second full day on the island has been amazing...although the roosters keep me awake at night! We went on an ATV tour today and saw the beautiful countryside/mountain range. We met some fun people and swam in a waterfall, saw wild piglets, and got SUPER dirty from the red dirt! It was a great time. Chris drove, so I was able to really take in the view! We saw the mountain from Jurassic Park, and the rope swing used in Raiders of the Lost Ark. I just can't get over how amazing the ocean view is from the lanai.....incredible! I love when the water crashes over the rockes, spilling onto the road. The forbidden island "Ni'Ihau" (prounounced knee-ee-how) is just 14 miles off shore. They have no electricity and the kids take a boat to Kauai where they go to school each day. Amazing how primitive it is, as visitors are NOT allowed unless invited. I just love the history of the islands, learning about the native plants and animals, except, of course the chickens! Aloha!
7.29.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment