7.27.2008

aloha!

We arrived in Kauai last night, after spending the previous night in Honolulu, just off Waikiki beach. It was amazing! We stayed at a beautiful hotel called Ilikai Waikiki. We arrived in Honolulu at 3 PM (8PM Central) on Friday. Having that much daylight really messed up our system, but I think we're finally back on track. We headed out to the beach, walked along the water, found our way to the international market and had a LATE dinner (11 PM Central Time). We walked around the shops, and I am just amazed at how many people in Honolulu speak Japanese. It's so fun! C had some great conversations in Mandarin with some of the little shop owners. We had a great time, albeit short, in Honolulu. On Saturday we spent the morning at Pearl Harbor, where we took the boat out to the Arizona Memorial. We also went to the Aloha Swap Meet at the Aloha Stadium :) It was fun to take it all in; this truly is paradise. So it's Sunday morning now, and after a good nights sleep, the roosters woke us up (darn those chickens!) and we are relaxing at the house with family. It's a beautiful sunny day on Kauai, so we hope to spend some time outside today. The view from the Lanai is amazing! I didn't know if I'd have access to the computer, but turns out Jan and Ed brought their laptops ;) You can't keep me away for long! Aloha~

2 comments:

  1. OOOOooo!! Fun stuff! I'm trying to stifle my jealousy. :) Enjoy paradise b/c China seems the opposite (though a fabulous experience I'm sure). Can't wait to see pics and here all the stories. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds great--my p-in-laws always go to Hawaii because they love the "tropical" weather, although, to be honest, I think I would melt there! My internal temperture STARTS at 120! haha

    ReplyDelete