9.10.2009

All glory to Him!

After waiting not so patiently, I finally called the midwife on-call one day to DEMAND answers....and what do you know...the lab had rushed the results of the serum bile test. My levels were low and I am free to continue with my original childbirth plan! Praise GOD! Apparently they didn't call because they figured I would think "no news is good news". Do they know me????? Seriously. I am so relieved, and the itching isn't nearly as bad now as it was two weeks ago. They said there are a small number of people who do not fit into the ICP category but have unexplained itching in pregnancy without a rash. I guess pregnancy can just do really weird things to your body. Though they said it was good I had the tests run because usually itching without a rash does signal ICP. What an answer to prayer. I know a lot of you have been praying for us, and I want to say with all my heart, your prayers were felt. I know that God listens and hears our petitions and this was definitely an answer to prayer!
Love to you all!

4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!!! Great news!! Happy last stretch of your pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very thankful for your news!!! I have prayed for you, because my daughter-in-law had ICP and delivered healthy twins a year ago. She was indeed miserable beyond misery and the itching totally stopped when the babies were born. Weird.
    - Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww i'm so glad for you. i remember the wait to find out if i could go along with my childbirth plan. so rough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beck, praying all is well. Looking forward to seeing you next weekend.

    ReplyDelete