9.07.2009

important week

Had a follow up appt. on Friday to draw more blood for another Serum Bile Acid test. I'm now in the waiting period once again. However, this weekend I resolved to get answers. After hearing from others in my birthing class, I feel assured it is not only important, but CRITICAL to find someone who can give me answers by the end of the week. I can't keep waiting around, not knowing if I truly have the condition. At this point, I've started on Ursodiol (Actigall), the medication used to treat ICP. It's safe to take in pregnancy, but regardless everything I've read says that induction around 37 weeks is essential to ensure safety of the baby. I will be 37 weeks on Saturday. I plan on finding someone who can push for the blood results, which will show if I have ICP. If no one can get the test results, I am going to push forward for induction of our baby early next week. I can't just "wait and see" what happens. We know that if I do have ICP, the risk of stillbirth after 37 weeks jumps from 1% in the normal population, to 15%. I'm not willing to take that risk. At this point, prayers are needed that we can find someone, ANYONE, who will do everything it takes to help us make sure our baby is safe and healthy.

Also, a few pictures of the nursery:
It's not anywhere near complete, but the walls are done!


No comments:

Post a Comment