Blogging has gone by the wayside. I must admit, having not blogged for several, several weeks....I am officially a horrible blogger. My sincere apologies for my 3 friends/family members who actually check my blog expecting updates. Traveling for several weeks in june really put the whole blogging thing on hold. That, plus I've been twittering too much. stupid twitter. it's addicting. You can type short phrases over the course of the day without having to come up with an entire entry. The sheer brilliance of it!
Chris and I had our 28 week appointment yesterday, at which I had to drink a nasty lemon-lime flavored (glucola) drink for testing for gestational diabetes. Fun. Then I had to get my blood drawn 1 hour later. Not so fun. Haven't heard anything back, so I'm assuming I am okay on that end. I am, however, slightly anemic...and may need to start taking iron supplements in addition to my regularly scheduled prenatal vitamin.
After much consideration, i've decided not to have another ultrasound done unless it's advised or necessary. I guess God has been working on me, and I'm just putting this entire pregnancy and baby in his miraculous, life giving hands. She's movin' and shakin' all day, every day, which has also given me peace that she is doing just fine. It's so hard knowing that I have no control over her well-being at this point, other than to do my best to take care of myself (and her in turn.) Wow, I never thought pregnancy would be this complicated....
Chris and I are officially done traveling until Christmas (though we may take a weekend getaway here in the next month or so....). Can't believe she could be here in 10 weeks! Wow! We cannot wait to finally start our life together with her! We have family visiting in August and September, and we're always looking forward to having visitors. The nursery at this point is a jumbled mess of disassembled baby furniture. We have yet to pick out bedding, or paint, or anything of that sort! We probably should get going on some of that in case she decides to show up early. The next two and half months will fly by! Here are some 27 week belly shots. And one last apology for the long hiatus. Love to you all!

7.10.2009
bigger and better (well, mostly)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You look beautiful! I wish I looked that good pregnant :). We're due with our 2nd baby now (I'm 19 weeks along right now, so we'll find out in a week what we're having).
ReplyDeleteI'm glad things are going great for you and the baby so far!
Beck, you have such a cute belly!~
ReplyDeleteSarah
PS_-I don't have FB anymore, can you PLEASE send me your full address so I can get a baby present out to you--it's finished and just waiting to be sent! :)
ssmast@hotmail.com
Hey sister!! You, as usual, are looking fab. Glad to hear God is protecting our little niece. I am praying for her and her parents:) I hope you are enjoying being home with Chris and getting everthing ready for ______. We miss you two very much and can't wait until we get the call to come out! Love you!!!
ReplyDeleteoh, i hated that feeling of not knowing how zebediah would be. the whole, 'there's a constant risk of infant death while he's in utero' and all the other hooblah. but god is bigger than all of that, than the dangers and especially our worries, ever-present as they are. and seeing him, perfectly happy and healthy and amazing almost a whole year after being born, it's beautiful. praying you have a little peace. pregnancy is so hard when it comes with so many risks. but you are beautiful inside, and you are still carrying life with such grace. be well.
ReplyDelete