7.29.2009

a new hobby emerges....

I can finally post pictures of a new hobby I've taken to recently. After receiving a gorgeous handmade baby gift from a girlfriend back home, I decided I needed to figure out how to make my own adorable embroidered baby gifts! See hers HERE.

To start, I visited Sublime Stitching and ordered the "La Petite Embroidery Kit". It includes everything you need to get started, plus a pattern pack of your choice. I also ordered a few more patterns, thinking I may as well have them all shipped together. The kit came with 4 colors of embroidery floss, but I decided to go to Micheal's for a few more, and found they're only 35 cents a piece! So, I picked up a bunch of colors I like, and got to work!

My first project was a monkey onesie for a friend's son (he turned 1 on the 4th of July but his party was last weekend). I'm having a lot of fun with the patterns. I picked up some plain white onesies at Babies 'R' Us to get started with. I'll post more pictures soon, but here is the first finished product!


2 comments:

  1. yay!! Im so glad you liked it! AND isn't sublime stitching patterns awesome??!! LOVE THEM --favs are : unicorns, "under the sea" and craftopia

    Sarah M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Beck!! That is great! I love to embroider as well but never thought of doing that. So talented!!!

    ReplyDelete