3.28.2008

don't kill the flowers

Have I mentioned how in awe I am of women who work outside the home? I can barely manage to put in 40 hours a week substitute teaching, and I don't have any kids. How DO they do it? My house feels like a complete disaster zone. I have been so tired all week, that all I could manage this evening was to sleep for 3 hours after I got home. Seriously, will I ever make it as a mom? I am having doubts.

So, i can't even begin to describe how happy I am that it is Friday. I have big plans in store for my garden tomorrow...I bought a bunch of petunias, pansies, and violas to plant in front of our house (in place of the hideously ugly bushes that the builders put there.) I sure hope the rain holds off tomorrow, 'cause I want to get this done! I'm hoping I know enough about flowers not to kill them all! And I'll take plenty of pictures too!

So, I finally caught up with an old friend last night...isn't it funny how when you have a close friend, no matter how many miles between you, and no matter how much time passes between phone calls, you still have SO much to talk about? I LOVE that. We got to talking about adoption. I don't know exactly how, but we were both saying how much we want adoption to be a part of our lives. I LOVE adoption, and I've been researching it quite a bit. I know that I want an adopted child to be a part of our family...and I'm just praying about when and where to adopt from. I have really been drawn to Asia (not China, however, due to their EXTREMELY long process, and the fact that you have to be 30 to even apply) but Taiwan, Vietnam, Korea, Thailand, Cambodia.....I can't wait to be a mom, and I think that's one of the reasons adoption feels so right for me. I'm not ready to go through a pregnancy...but I would LOVE to be a mom. I know that there are challenges I can't even begin to understand, but seeing my close friends who have babies, makes me realize that God will give me that guidance.