What a great spring break. Over the past 2 months, i have been substitute teaching for Metro Nashville Public Schools. It's been a serious challenge for me, moving from school to school, class to class, grade to grade....but it's so nice to have a flexible job....one in which I can take any day off I want. I like not having a set schedule. The past week, schools were on Spring Break...and I got so much done. I helped my friend Catherine organize her home (which, by the way, makes me want to start my own organization business) and painted our master bathroom (among other odds and ends.) I need to get my before and after pictures posted. So I have something to look back on.
I can't believe it's been almost a year since we moved to Tennessee from Nebraska. Crazy how time flies. On Friday I had my first opportunity here to sing with a talented artist named Josh Carroll. It was so fun adding harmony to his original music...and it was CRAZY that Jimmy Fallon walked into the bar toward the end of the set! There were only like 10 people there...so it wasn't hard to spot him. He was in town for a stand-up comedy show at Zanies Comedy Club in Nashville.
I so wanted to sleep in this morning after more than a week off, but it also feels nice to have accomplished something today. Guess that's it for now.

