6.21.2010

cherishing moments

This past weekend I heard of a local family who has a daughter just one day older than Johanna who has been diagnosed with SMA type 1. I'd never heard of this genetic disorder, nor known anyone with an affected child. It struck home, knowing that this sweet, precious girl is exactly the same age as mine, yet will not survive much longer. My heart breaks for her parents, relatives, and friends. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain this diagnosis and disease has brought them. I know in my heart that God is good, and faithful, and has a plan, but how hard it must be to hold onto hope when faced with losing your precious child. Each time I think of it, I cry. These parents have more courage than I've ever had to have and hearing their story inspires me to just live each moment in joy with my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment