I'm not saying that I'm against vaccines, because in my opinion they all have importance in the grand scheme of things...and I do believe it is important to keep the population of the United States free of diseases that once ravaged the country. However, as a stay-at-home mom who is exclusively breastfeeding...i have some decisions to make regarding the schedule with which to vaccinate Johanna. Ahh, I hate making these decisions. I am glad someone has come out with a fairly un-biased opinion on vaccines and the recommended vaccine schedule. I am definitely going to delay some vaccines-in fact I already rejected the Hep B vaccine routinely given at the hospital to newborns, due to the fact that it is impossible at this point, for Johanna to contract Hep B (a sexually transmitted disease, also acquired through shared IV drug needles, and VERY rarely blood transfusions.) I am definitely concerned about preservatives such as formaldehyde, as well as the amount of aluminum found in vaccines. I hope I make the right decisions in vaccinating our baby girl, but I highly recommend this book to ALL parents making these important decisions, not just for their babies, but growing children as well.
11.07.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


trust your instincts :)
ReplyDeleteyou have great ones.
it was so wonderful to meet johanna. you radiate with love and it was so refreshing seeing someone making so many good choices for their daughter. you're wonderful.