All week we had been praying for my grandmother, Dolores Crane, and God answered our prayers for comfort and peace by taking her home on Friday, October 24. I am so thankful she is no longer uncomfortable and in pain. I am confident she was ready to leave this earthly body, and is now in Heaven. I am thankful for all the prayers, cards, e-mails, etc. We will be traveling to Wisconsin on the 7th for her funeral, and we are looking forward to not only saying goodbye, but celebrating her life.
The worship retreat was so amazing. I had the privilege of leading alongside Kelly Minter (an amazing speaker, singer/songwriter, author, and currently our worship leader.) She has definitely become an inspiration to me, as I've had the opportunity to get to know her better. I am finally reading her book, No Other Gods. I highly recommend it to everyone out there. It's available on Amazon for 11.19! It's something we all struggle with and a message I believe we all need to hear.
10.29.2008
goodbye dolores
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Beck, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother, it is an encouragement in times like this that we know where our loved ones are now.
ReplyDeleteHave a safe trip.
Sarah
Oh Beck, I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your grandmother. You are such a strong woman, and the powering words you wrote in your blog prove that. I'll definitely keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Safe travels, and God bless!
ReplyDelete